NEWS + ADVICE
Sights and Sounds of Summer 2010
What is it about watching movies outside that we enjoy so much? Why is anything we do outside – a concert, dinner, drinking, playing – so much sweeter? Here’s our guide to some fun outdoor events in the DC area this summer. And if you see someone from ClearedJobs.Net, please say hello!
There are many outdoor movie festivals to choose from with a variety of themes. Our personal favorite is the 11 weeks of Star Trek at Crystal Screen:
- Mondays from July 12 – August 2, Screen on the Green, the National Mall
- Mondays from June 7 – August 16, Crystal Screen Outdoor Film Festival, 18th and South Bell Streets in Crystal City
- Tuesdays July 13, August 10 and Sept. 14, U Street Outdoor Movies – Harrison Field Under the Stars, 13th and 14th Sts NW
- Wednesdays from May 12 – July 28, NoMa Summer Screen, L between 2nd and 3rd Sts NE
- Thursdays June 3 – August 5, Capital Riverfront Outdoor Movies, M and 2nd Sts NE Canal Park
- Fridays from April 30 – September 3, Rosslyn Outdoor Film Festival, Gateway Park
- Sundays from May 9 – September 12, National Harbor Movies on the Potomac, Waterfront Street National Harbor
- June 23 – 27, Fairfax Outdoor Movies – Cox Movies Under the Moon(r), 3500 Old Lee Hwy Van Dyck Fairfax
- July 16 – 17, Alexandria Comcast Outdoor Film Festival, King St Waterfront Park Alexandria
- July 27 – 31, Bethesda Outdoor Movies-Stars on the Avenue, Woodmont Triangle Bethesda
Is music your thing?
If music is more your taste than movies, you have lots of outdoor choices there as well. Everyone is familiar with the larger outdoor venues in our area, Wolf Trap, JiffyLube Live, and Merriweather Post.
Did you know the National Park Service has free outdoor concerts at locations around DC including the Millennium Stage at Kennedy Center, the West Front of the Capitol, the U.S. Navy Memorial and more?
Anything we’re missing that you would like to add?This entry was posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 11:30 am