NEWS + ADVICE
Celebrate Military Spouse Appreciation Day 2022
It’s that special time of year again when we invite you to recognize and celebrate military spouses for their sacrifice and dedication to their military husbands and wives on active duty.
National Military Spouse Appreciation Day was first proclaimed by President Ronald Reagan in 1984 to honor military wives, husbands and partners for their countless personal sacrifices. This year military spouses will be honored May 6, the Friday prior to Mother’s Day.
In 2009, ClearedJobs.Net launched an effort to honor spouses from all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces using the Twitter handle @MilSpouseDay and we continue to hold this initiative in high regard as a small token of how much we value what these families do for our country.
Our goal is to recognize military spouses who often endure months apart from their loved ones, uprooted lives, and the general uncertainty that comes with being the spouse of a military member.
You can follow our initiative this year through May 6 via Twitter. Join us in recognizing and applauding this special group of men and women.
Celebrate a Military Spouse in Your Life
Looking for additional ways to celebrate military spouses? Whether you’re a family member, friend, or neighbor there are a variety of thoughtful gestures you can make to brighten a military spouse’s day. Consider these ideas to show your appreciation and support:
- Give them a call or send a card to tell them why you appreciate them
- Surprise them with a meal or invite them to coffee or lunch
- If a military spouse just moved nearby take the opportunity to introduce yourself and start a new friendship
- Consider donating to an organization that supports military spouses
If you know a military spouse struggling to find employment, offer to:
- Proofread and review their resume
- Help them rehearse for an interview (i.e. a mock interview where you practice asking them common interview questions)
- Connect them with someone in your network who may be able to help
Even a small sign of support can make a difference in someone’s life. Help us all show our appreciation this year.This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2022 12:16 pm