NEWS + ADVICE
What a Cleared Job Seeker Should Do During the Shutdown
We asked Brigit Freedman, Talent Acquisition Director for Engility, for cleared job seeker tips to implement during the federal government shutdown.
Brigit’s shutdown tips:
- Build your LinkedIn network. It will help you more than you know!
- Set up Job Agent alerts on the company career sites where you want to work as well as on ClearedJobs.Net. You set alerts using keywords for jobs that interest you and that are in geographic areas of interest.
- Once you receive a Job Agent alert, immediately review the position and apply if you are interested.
Why apply immediately?
It gets you to the top of the recruiters queue. How does that help?
- OFCCP has mandated that employers review resumes in the order that they come in. First come, first served.
- If you find your keys do you keep looking? Same thing is true with hires!
But don’t stop there if you apply for a position! Reach out to your contact at the company. If you don’t know anyone look on LinkedIn to find someone in recruiting. Ask them to help get your resume noticed. Tell the recruiter the job title and requisition number so they can help you avoid getting lost in the shuffle.
Brigit adds, “Everyone in recruiting loves to help people! Just ask.”
Meet the Engility recruiting team at the Oct 24 Cleared Job Fair at BWI. View Engility’s job openings on ClearedJobs.Net, here.
This entry was posted on Friday, October 04, 2013 2:14 pm